Sunday, August 21, 2011

Meet Jaden

Where to start? I guess with the story of how our Jaden boy got here!
On Wednesday July 6th I had my last ultra sound to check growth on the baby. They said I still had a lot of extra fluid and he was 8lbs 7 oz which wasn't as big as I expected them to say. Then on Friday July 8th I had a Dr's appointment; I was 38 weeks 2days and I was feeling it to say the least:) Right before my Dr appointment I decided to push Paetyn in the cozy coupe car while running laps! Call me crazy, but I was hoping to get something going so hopefully I could get my Dr to induce me. I got to the office did the stress testing and as normal was showing contractions like crazy. Then I went back to meet with the Dr!
I had decided before I got there that I was going to see what she would do as far as inducing me. I knew she was leaving town in a few days and would be gone for a week. I was hopeful, but didn't really know what to expect! She asked me how I was doing and I said I was ready to have this baby. She said ok well lets check you. I was dilated to a 3 and she said, "do you want to have this baby tomorrow?" I almost fell off the table! "Are you serious? Uh ya!" She told me to go to the hospital at 6 the next morning! So that night I got a pedicure while Paetyn got her nails painted, cleaned the house, did all the laundry, and then we took Paetyn to McDonald's to play and eat while trying to explain to her what was going to happen the next day! She spent the night at Grandma's so we wouldn't have to wake her so early the next morning. I maybe got an hour or two of sleep that night because I was nervous. It was around 7 by the time we got into the labor and delivery room and got the antibiotics going! Those had to be in my system for about 4-6 hours before they would start me on pitocin. Paetyn came to visit that morning so she could see where I was, this was just before they started the pitocin. It was around 11:15 when they gave me the meds. They didn't think it would take long because I was already having contractions pretty regularly. Unfortunately they were wrong, the contractions weren't that bad and they just kept upping the meds, but it stayed about the same
:( By 6 pm I had only progressed to a 4. The Dr said she was going to talk to me about going home but when she checked me she felt like I had made enough progress to keep me and break my water, thank goodness! (she is the Best dr I hope She delivers all my kids) Oh my word they were right I did have a Ton of fluid, it just kept coming and coming! That was around 6:30 and that was all it took to get things really going within minutes the contractions were getting way stronger by 8 I asked for the epidural and it was about 8:45 before it was in! I was dilated to a 6. Through all of this the baby's heart would drop when I was contracting and they said depending on how it all went I would maybe need a c section. That of course made me nervous but we would just have to wait and see. It was about 1 am Sunday morning before I was at a 10 but wasn't quiet completely effaced. By 2 I was ready! They called the Dr and she got there @ 2:10 went to check and was like whoa ya the head is right there lets go! It was different this time because I could Feel the pressure and knew exactly when I needed to push! I started pushing about 2:15 and at 2:22 JADEN ROBERT GOODMAN was born! It was such a relief to hold him in my arms to know that everything was fine with him and no c section was needed! When the Dr delivered him she kept calling him a brute! She even showed us the umbilical cord and how it only had the one artery. It was cool to see his artery was almost right in the middle she said that was probably why he wasn't small. The nurse took him and I swear she was taking her sweet ol time cleaning him and stuff before she ever weighed him! Right before she went to weigh him he peed all over so who knows if that would have changed his weight but he was 9LB even (guess all the ultra sounds were off he was BIGGER) his head was 37.5 cm and he was 20in long! I feel like there were so many little miracles that happened that made it so this little guy could get here 10 days early and I am so grateful for that. I don't think I could have delivered much bigger!
I was the only one having a baby that night/morning, so there was no rush to get me into the recovery room! Chris went home around 5 am to get a little sleep since it had been 24hrs of being awake by that time! They got me moved to recovery and Chris came back around 8 and then Paetyn came around 9! She got the biggest smile on her face when she walked into the room and saw the baby! At first when we asked if she wanted to hold him she said "uh no thanks he's to heavy!" Haha, but that didn't last long. I can say that I am honestly shocked at how well Paetyn handled having a new addition to our family she has been so sweet to him and a big help to me! If you ask her what the baby's name is she says Jaden Robin Hood. Haha it cracks us up every time guess Robert and Robin are similar. I was really worried it would be such an adjustment for her and that she might be mean to him, but it has been the total opposite. We were in the hospital until Tuesday and when I came home my mom had come to help for a few days, she is seriously the best. She would cook, clean, and just do whatever. It's always so nice to have her come and help me. I don't know what I'd do with out her. My mother in law was also a huge help, she would come and get Paetyn whenever and help with the baby or groceries basically everything:) I'm so lucky that she lives so close because I couldn't have done it with out her either! Jaden is 6 weeks today and growing like a weed we love him and feel so blessed to be able to have him be apart of our family! He had an ultra sound on his kidneys and bladder and then an ekg and appointment with a cardiologist! His Dr. wanted us to get these done just as a precaution to make sure everything was Ok for certain! Everything came back good so nothing to worry about, guess the artery was just a weird thing, but didn't cause any damage! Life has been busy but honestly it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be; that being said we have still had rough days, but all in all things have been awesome! My pictures are out of order but this is what we've been up to lately.













It has been raining alot here lately and we LOVE it













Paetyn insists on picking her own clothes and its a battle I choose not to fight at this stage in life. It has been nearly impossible to get her to wear this shirt on the same day as Jaden wears his and this was the best picture i could get.













Paetyn all ready for church waiting for dad to come home and get her since me and Jaden weren't going yet.












This guy seriously deserves an award for the BEST dad and husband ever! He would come to the hospital early every morning before work and then stay late into the night so i could get a little sleep since the hospital doesn't have a nursery anymore:( He seriously changed more diapers in the hospital then I did as soon as he would get there he would take over and do whatever was needed! He has been so much help to me and I really don't know how I got so lucky! PS he loves having a Boy.


















This is one of the many things I love about Jaden he loves to be all waded up and snuggle


















He is such a sweet boy













Paetyn using her big sister skills













1st bath













Ready to leave the hospital













Paetyn Holding Jaden













Just born so glad he is here even if it is 2:22 am











These were pictures a friend took when he was 2 weeks













Love them













I love this it totally shows their personalities













Big boy

My favorite Picture he is such a good baby!

1 comment:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Oh Teesha...this post seriously brought tears to my eyes. Your baby is so sweet and of course your darling little girl too. I am also so glad that everything is well with your little guy. Prayers are answered. I also was touched to read the part about your love and appreciation for your mom. Reading this gives me hope that even though my kids may not be happy with me or even like me sometimes maybe someday when they are married and have children of their own that maybe they'll love and appreciate me too. Your such a good little mom and I'm so proud of you!

Take Care,
JoLynn